3/11/2012

Battlestar Galactica Exclusive Action Figure Cylon Warrior Commander Review

Battlestar Galactica Exclusive Action Figure Cylon Warrior Commander
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
The Cylons are a peek at our future robot overlords so you better get used to it. A good way is to get some Cylon action figures so you'll be used to looking into their soulless eye beam. In the meantime can we still have fun with our Cylon action figures while the machines still allow it?
For Kids:
I don't know how many young kids will know either the old or new Battlestar Galactica (BSG) series so their familiarity with Cylons may not be up to par. However, if they do know either show they'll probably like this or if they are just in to robots. He's big and mean and despite some intricate parts is pretty sturdy and well articulated. Overall I think kids would like this.
For Adults:
The makers of the re-imaged BSG honored the original by making their older Cylons almost duplicates of the pudgy guys in robot suits of the original show. They just took the pudgy guys out of the equation. The result is an impressive and scary Cylon who's both still big and bulky but also more streamlined and machine like. This golden Commander is a great example of how cool these new / old Cylons look.
The overall outer plates are golden with the underlying machine parts in grey and black. The red eye beam is the smallest little slit of red. I might have wanted a bit more to the eye beam but otherwise a great color scheme.
The majority of the sculpting is great. First of all he's huge standing 8 ½ inches when fully erect. He's got the classic head, chest and back plates. His arms, legs and inner torso are a triumph sculpted panels, hydraulics and wires. Don't get me wrong, it's not overdone but what is there looks great. I'm not a fan of the chest and back flaps. They look outdated to me and cover up other details I think I'd rather see. Ditto on the black "blocks" around his waist. It looks like a skirt. These details kind of contrast with the great look of the arms and legs.
Articulation? Wow, let me just say that the legs alone are cool enough to buy this figure (I don't think I've ever owned a figure where I thought the legs were the best feature). I really can't describe how cool they look or how functional they are so I'll try to post some pictures. Of course they move back and forth at the hip and out a bit but the knee is where it's at. It's a triple jointed affair with a main knee joint connected to a slanting bar which is connected to the shin at another joint and then connected to the hydraulics in the back. It's pretty amazing how functional it is. The foot can also bend up and down and is connected to the hydraulics at the back. The head rotates and there is a little waist rotation available. The arms have hydraulics at the elbows, the forearms rotate as well as the hands, and the shoulders have a full range of movement and can even be lifted up (like he's shrugging) which moves hydraulics that go into the torso.
The only real disappointment is his accessory, which is a golden machine gun. It just looks too small and flimsy for this big guy and does not fit into his hands very well either.
The gun and a couple of very minor sculpt complaints (that might not bother everyone) are the only things holding him back from a 5 star score in my estimation.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Battlestar Galactica Exclusive Action Figure Cylon Warrior Commander

Battlestar Galactica Gold Cylon Warrior Commander Exclusive

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Battlestar Galactica Exclusive Action Figure Cylon Warrior Commander

No comments:

Post a Comment