Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I received my Ball of Whacks about a week ago and have trouble putting it (ok, them) down. Interacting and playing with it is extremely addictive and I have hooked my boss and another coworker by giving them each one.
When I was younger I made crystal models out of marbles and geodesic domes out of cardboard and remember the excitement of uncovering different relationships between the shapes. The Ball of Whacks is bringing back that feeling of exploration and discovery and has quite a few patterns built into those 30 pieces. I forgot how much fun I had doing those explorations as a kid and can't figure out why I ever stopped. The Ball of Whacks includes the symmetries of all five platonic solids if you play with it long enough.
I would suggest getting a couple of them - at least one for your desk and one for playing at home. You may need extras to share with family and colleagues and they are fun to combine into larger constructions as well.
In creative problem solving sessions with coworkers I like to bring in various toys both to stimulate their playfulness and to change their environment a bit. I am looking forward to trying out the BoWs in my next session although I am a bit worried that I might not get them back readily.
Awesomely fun and gets the brain juices flowing too!!!
Click Here to see more reviews about: Roger von Oech's Ball of Whacks: A Creativity Tool for Innovators
30 magnetic pyramid shaped pieces that act as building blocks! Includes a fun activity guidebook! -- Are you stumped for ideas? Do you want a fresh perspective on a problem? -- This ball of magnetic pieces is proven to jump start your creativity and imagination. Based on the rhombic triacontahedron, this ball consists of 30 magnetic pyramid shaped pieces that act as building blocks for an unlimited number of uses. -- You can create inspiring shapes, challenge yourself to recreate patterns shown in the activity book, have fun forming new designs, and much more! -- Recommended ages 8+
No comments:
Post a Comment